Working with Us
My Business Counsel is focused on ensuring that it provides its lawyers with the freedom to work from wherever they want whenever they want. This is only possible with the continued investment in the compliance, administration and IT infrastructure that is currently in place and is developed on a continued basis.
My Business Counsel is able to provide all lawyers with high quality support by leveraging technology and agile working practice methods.
On this page you will find further details on how My Business Counsel is able to provide the support to its lawyers whilst continuing to develop this new agile way of working for lawyers.
Working With Us
Our lawyers receive
- 75% of fees for work undertaken by them for a client that they have brought into the firm. Your client remains your client at all times.
- 65% of fees for work undertaken by them for a client that is referred to them by My Business Counsel or a colleague.
- 15% of fees for work undertaken by a colleague for a client that they have brought into the firm.
- A complete 21st century infrastructure, covering you under our Professional Indemnity Insurance just as you would be protected in traditional private practice.
- Full IT desktop platform (MBC Desk) and an IT support team that you can contact at any time
- Communication channel (MBC Link) to ensure that your requests are handled efficiently with MBC Link
- Business cards to assist you to market yourself as a Consultant Solicitor at My Business Counsel
- Case management system that is fully integrated with the client matters so all your data and finance records are displayed on one very clean desktop dashboard.
- Full banking and client account facilities
- Referral work from other lawyers in the firm to work collaboratively or as a general referral to a client
- CPD training arrangements
- An electronic operations manual
- Use of meeting rooms and business lounges
- Complete telephone answering service that can forward calls to any number of your choice
Why Choose Us
- Unrivalled support, admin, and compliance infrastructure
- Continued development of IT platforms to allow you to work from anywhere and at any time
- Freeing you from office politics, HR issues, and even endless department meetings
- We give you a rewarding future and the reigns to your own destiny
What Lawyers think
Having practised in the City as a solicitor the whole of my working career I decided to take a break from private practice to raise my two young children. When they reached school age and recognising the pressures that come with working for a traditional law firm – billing targets, chargeable hours targets, regular marketing after work – I realised that I had to re-think how I practised the law if I also wanted to maintain a good work life balance and actually be there to raise my children.
I became a solicitor consultant with MBC as it allowed me flexibility and the chance to develop my own business with the support of a law firm. It allows me to have a truly balanced life where I am in control of where, how and when I work. As a mother, the flexibility of being A ‘work from home’ lawyer is invaluable.
Being a freelance lawyer has allowed me to market myself much better, keep my overheads to a minimum and also to adopt a more flexible and client friendly approach. In a relatively short space of time this has enabled me to build my own brand and network which produces a continuous stream of work, gives me a level of both security and flexibility I wouldn’t get as an employee and makes the practice of law much more enjoyable.